Thursday, November 28, 2013

A WEEK THAT FELT LIKE A DAY

I am really thankful for the semestral break because the weight of all of my worries about homeworks and projects and a lot of school stuffs had been taken off my shoulders. I didn't want this semestral break to be as boring and as unproductive as I was when there was a long suspension of classes due to heavy rains. So I made a metal list of my to do things, plans and schedules for each day of the semestral break because I want to make every second of it count.

During the first few days of the semestral break, I slept in the am and woke up in the pm. My daily routine during the first few days of the semestral break was sleep in the am then woke up in the pm. Eat my brunch, take a bath, read a book or play badminton, change my clothes, eat my snacks, read a book or watch a movie, drink milk for dinner, brush my teeth, change my clothes, read a book or watch movies until I get sleepy. That's pretty much what I did so yeah, so much so for being "productive". 

Until one day I decided to break my routine because I was getting so bored. I still slept in the am but I also woke up early. I made my breakfast which is just me heating the hamburger that my aunt bought me and drinking milk. I also decided to take a bath early which surprises me and all the people in the house because I usually take a bath in the afternoon. I made some of my projects so I'll do less when the semestral break is almost over. I still read books and play badminton whenever I'm done doing my draft for my projects like the draft for my first blog.

I'm not sure if you're not suppose to have fun during All Saints Day but I sure did have fun. I woke up early and I was surprised to find myself that I was wearing a dress. Like seriously, I only wear dresses if I'm included in a wedding or whatever. So yeah I went to the cementery and I was surprised to see a lot of my service mates in the cementery. I went to some of my relative's tomb and offer a short prayer and a candle. I didn't get to visit my other relative's tomb because it is located on the upper part of the cementery. After visiting, we went straight home and watched some movies. I was thankful that I get to finish my first log and was able to post it.

The next few days I was doing my usual routine. But it's a bit different because I also scrolled through tumblr stalking people I don't know. I also watched some youtube videos. I also logged on to my twitter account to see what's the worldwide trend. When we went to the mall, I excused myself and went to my safe haven in the mall, National Bookstore and Fully Booked. I went to Fully Booked first since it's farther and enjoyed the serenity of the place while holding a book. I only stayed there for at least 10 minutes just to see if the book I was looking for there and mostly the rest of the 10 minutes was spent reading the summaries of some of the books that caught my attention. I did the same when I went in National Bookstore but this time I bought a book entitled "The Selection" by Kiera Cass. I wish I had bought the classics like "A Tale Of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens, "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Brontë or "Pride & Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

I really enjoyed the semestral break except for the fact that it should be longer because it literally felt like it was just a day. Wouldn't it be great if the semestral break lasted for at least 2 weeks because of the projects that can really drain the living soul out of your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment