Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hey Look! It's my DAD.

     How does is it feel growing up with your father beside you? Do you miss the memories you shared with him when you were a child? Whenever people ask me these kind of questions all I say is "Uhh, I really have no idea." Or I just simply shrug the question off. Wonder why I act this way? It's because I never grew up with my dad beside me. Sad huh? But at least I get to talk to him back then through Yahoo! Messenger. But the way I act whenever we're talking to each other, I always push him away. 
     I was barely 4 months old when my father left me and my mom. He went to the United States of America to work. That's the reason why I treat all my uncles as if they were my father. Because they visit me whenever they have time and sometimes even play with me. When I was about 4 years old, O was always excited when my mom tells me that I'm going to all to my dad. But when I hit 9 years old, my hatred for my father started to bloom. And these questions keeps on popping out of my head. "Why did he left us?" " Does he even love me?" And there are times that I saw my mom crying and I figured out that it's my dads fault. And at that point, I realized that I have to do something to make dad realize that I can be strong even though he's not here. So, I started acting a little rebellious towards him. And whenever he calls, I never answered the phone. I never expected for him to come back here just to see us. But he did. He even attended my graduation and my hatred for him just grew even more. Why you ask? Because of all the years that I've been begging him to go home. All those tears I cried just for him to pity me and change his mind and go back here. Why now? When I really don't feel like I need him anymore. When I went to America, and my aunt noticed the way I acted towards my father, she approached me and told me that my father is crying whenever I acted that way. Then realization hit me. She's right, I should change my attitude. But doing that is not easy. 
     Wonder what's been going on between me and my dad? Well it's going pretty well although there's still a bit of awkwardness. At least I managed to fix my relationship with him. And when I was trying to change my attitude I realized something. I realized that I'm lucky to have an understanding and patient father like him. That I'm lucky that I still have a dad. That I'm lucky that I saw him. Cause I know that everyone has a dad but not everyone gets to see them or spend time with them. And that's the reason why I thank God everyday for giving me a strong, loving and caring dad like him. P.S. Almost everyone tells me that I look like my dad. So I'll let you judge. Do I look like my dad? Be honest :D

No comments:

Post a Comment