Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Mother,My Hero


     No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother's love.  The usual definition of a mother is a woman who has raised a child or given birth to a child they are referred to as the “light of the house”. But for me a mother means "M" is for the million things she gave me, "O" means only that she's growing old and for her outstanding support for me, "T" is for the tears she shed to save me whenever I am at harm, "H" is for her heart of purest gold that never fails to love me; "E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining, "R" means right, and right she'll always be. Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER". A word that means the world to me.
     When I am brought to this world, my mother is the first person that I remember. I've loved my mother since the first time I have opened my eyes. She is the one whom I shared my thoughts and emotions with. And she never fails to support me whenever I needed her.  When I was still a baby, she cuddles me in her arms that never get tired. Whenever I am crying, she rushes to my company to carry me and comfort me by singing a lovely lullaby that sometimes makes me sleep. She never gets tired of watching me whenever I sleep just to make sure that I am safe. She is there when I made my first steps and when I spoke my first word “mama”. Whenever I ask my mom to tell me the things I did when I was young, I was amazed on how she remembered the things that I did and she can even tell it in a very detailed way. She even told me that the first word that I learned from school was “man”. I barely remember the things that I did back then. But I sure can remember that during the first day of classes I will always cry because I don’t want my mom to leave me there but she always insisted that she will be there even though she will secretly leave me. As I grew older, I noticed that I am changing the way on how I treat my mom. It’s not that I’m not following her orders or hugging her, it’s just like I’m slowly drifting away from my mom. And I’m not the only person who noticed that, even my mom did. Because whenever she asks me something and she says it repeatedly, I always get irritated and always end up having an argument with her. And after that I always end up locking myself in my room crying and I will ask myself “What did I do to deserve my mother?” and after I calm myself I will go to my mom and ask for her forgiveness. She told me that I need to change my attitude so that people will not see me like a bad person instead a God fearing person. She even inspired me to be more confident and to be more courteous and respectful. I idolize my mom because even though she is facing a tough challenge, she can and will find a way to face and deal that challenge without letting me know what she is facing. And even though she is the only one supporting us here, she never fails to give our needs and she always stays strong for us. Her arms were always open when I needed a hug. Her heart understood when I needed a friend. Her gentle eyes were stern when I needed a lesson. Her strength and love has guided me and gave me wings to fly.
     Even though I cannot my change myself quickly, I am doing my best to change for my mom so that she can be really proud of me. I know that I have done many things that always end up in a fight between us. But I’m really thankful that God had given me a loving mother like you. I even remember your prayers and I have always followed your advice that made me a better person. They have clung to me all my life. I love her as the trees love water and sunshine — she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to her.  It is said in Ephesians 6:1-3 [1] Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. [2] “Honor your father and mother”--- which is the first commandment with a promise--- [3] “that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on earth.”



No comments:

Post a Comment