Thursday, January 30, 2014

Prayer for my Parents

Dear God,
    Thank you for giving me this opportunity to thank you for all the blessings you’ve given me. Thank you for never failing to guide and protect me. And lastly, I want to thank you for giving me the parents that loves me and takes good care of me. For I believe that without you, we cannot do anything. With God, nothing is impossible.
     God, let this be a letter of appreciation from me to them. I may not be that vocal when it comes to thanking my parents but at least let this simple letter be a way to tell my parents how thankful I am to them.
     From the aloof little girl that I am, never even leaving my mother’s side anywhere she goes, to the stage when I slowly became more sociable and talkative, to the 10-year-old me that is so industrious even I couldn’t believe that I was that industrious back then, when I was in bullied back in my freshmen year to the present me; they never fail to support me.
     At this point in my life, I’m considered as a teenager that is open-minded. Yes, maybe sometimes I don’t completely act like it, but that’s part of life, right? As I’m growing up, I realize just how much my parents did for me. And, for that, I need to truly thank them – something I don’t think I’ve appropriately done to date.
     I know I’m not supposed to be choosing between my mom and dad but I really just couldn’t help it because it’s my mom who never left my side unlike my dad who left us when I was still 3 months old. But I’ll try my best not to make it a specific thank you letter.
     First of all, I want to tell them that I love them.
     I thank them for all the many, many happy memories. There is a lot of things I am grateful to them for. I just wanted to tell them how much they’ve meant to me as they’ve guided and loved me through my life. From very early on they taught me the importance of family, trust and love. They’ve taught me to value myself and to value others. They have taught me again and again to never give up and to follow my dreams. When I was sick or scared she would stay with me and pray with me. She taught me to laugh and to use my imagination. They shared their stories and always let me make up my own mind. They made every birthday and holiday perfect and special, just by bringing the family together.
     For loving me exactly the way am and telling me you’re proud of me. They have helped me become who I am through all the love and faith they have provided and all the amazing lessons they have taught.
     I have never felt a day where I was not loved by them. I have never lost sleep over wondering if they cared about me. I have never had a fleeting thought that they wouldn’t support me in my decisions, because they always tend to help me make them. I value their opinions, I respect their place in my life, and I thank them for all of it.
     Their hearts ache when mine does. Their smiles cover their faces when mine covers mine. Joy fills their hearts when they see that mine is full. They cry when I cry. They celebrate when I celebrate. That is what makes them great, world-class parents.
     They made mistakes along the way and that’s okay. They’re still only human. But quite frankly, they’re some of the best humans I’ve had the opportunity and privilege to know.
No matter what, I just wanted to thank them, and let them know that I love them and I thank you, God, for the amazing parents you have given me. You gave me the best parents in the world, though the imperfections, I still believe that I have the most wonderful parents.
I’m not trying to say they’ve yet raised the perfect woman and I probably haven’t always been the best daughter, but I want to just say thank you.
Thank you for all the things they’ve done. I simply cannot find enough words to say it.
“Thank you.”


Jedine

No comments:

Post a Comment