Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Book I Write


"Special is a word that is used to describe something one-of-a-kind like a hug, or a sunset, or a person who spreads love with a smile or kind gesture.
Special describes people who act from the heart and keep in mind the hearts of others.
Special applies to something that is admired and precious and which can never be replaced.
Special is the word that best describes you ."– Teri Fernandez

 I believe that each and everyone of us is special in our own little ways. We just hardly notice it. But when we do, we always tend to think that what we possess, others also have making us think and feel that we're a useless piece of shit.

It is believed that a person's uniqueness is what makes each and everyone of us special. But just how do ou define unique?

Uniqueness in a person is seen to be something about them that makes them different from everyone else. This person has their own style and approach to life, perhaps in the way they dress and speak, their personality traits and the way they carry themselves. It is really someone who is confident in their own skin and their chosen path and someone who knows what they want. Having confidence in yourself certainly makes you seem very special in most people’s eyes.

“Special” is a quality either realized or in potential state that can be seen in a person.

I may not have that white skin which I'm pretty sure what every Filipina wants. But I'm proud of my tan skin, I believe it shows who I really am and it differentiates me from other people in other countries.

I am not that tall. Yes, before I really wanted to be tall just for the sake of being like other tall models or celebrities. But as time flies by, I've learned to love and appreciate my height. I may not be that tall but I'm proud to have this height. You don't really need to be tall just to be noticed by others. All you have to do is be yourself and let everything fall into place.

I am definitely not that smart. Yes teachers keep on saying that if we're not smart, how come we're already third years in one of the best schools  in the Philippines? I'm not saying that I'm not smart. What I'm trying to point out is that I don't need to be so smart like those kind of people who ace their tests and have no difficulty in answering almost all of the teachers question. But I not brainless. I know in myself that I also have what others have maybe theirs is only up a little notch than mine.

I am not that kind. Honestly, I even consider myself as a bully. I tend to playfully criticize my classmates but there are times that I think I'm overdoing end and just end up hurting their feelings. I'm the kind of person which tends to mess everything up instead of fixing it. I'm selfish and a terrible person.

Once we see the wholeness or the greatness in us, this is the time when we realize that we truly are special. It's not always about specialness in the context of realizing that you are special. Sometimes all we need is to trust ourselves and admit that we are great in our own special ways. Everyone wants to change, but change demands desire and discipline before it becomes delightful. There is always the agony of choice before the promise of change.

“If you celebrate your differentness, the world will, too. It believes exactly what you tell it—through the words you use to describe yourself, the actions you take to care for yourself, and the choices you make to express yourself. Tell the world you are one-of-a-kind creation who came here to experience wonder and spread joy. Expect to be accommodated. (11)” 
― Victoria Moran, Lit From Within: Tending Your Soul For Lifelong Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment